Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sophie Ramel <so...@tudor.lu> on 2000/09/12 09:52:12 UTC

XSL-FO layout problem

Hi,

Is there a way to imbricate fo:flow tags or fo:page-sequence tags?
My initial XML file has "catalogue" tags and "formation" tags wich are
imbricated (catalogue tags can contain other catalogue tags and
formation tags) and for which I would like to have different margins in
the resulting FO pages.
Is there a way to do this? (I don't think it is possible with the
conditional-page-master-reference because I can't differentiate my pages

with their position or their parity)

Thanks,

Sophie Ramel

PS: Sorry if there is an evident way to do this but I am rather new to
XSL-FO programming, and I couldn't find any solution

Re: XSL-FO layout problem

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
At 09:52 AM 9/12/00 +0200, Sophie Ramel wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is there a way to imbricate fo:flow tags or fo:page-sequence tags?
>My initial XML file has "catalogue" tags and "formation" tags wich are
>imbricated (catalogue tags can contain other catalogue tags and
>formation tags) and for which I would like to have different margins in
>the resulting FO pages.
>Is there a way to do this? (I don't think it is possible with the
>conditional-page-master-reference because I can't differentiate my pages
>
>with their position or their parity)
>
>Thanks,
>
>Sophie Ramel
>
>PS: Sorry if there is an evident way to do this but I am rather new to
>XSL-FO programming, and I couldn't find any solution

I agree with Marc Dorchain; this seems to be something that one would want
to do with blocks inside blocks; after all, an fo:block may contain
fo:block's, and it's a matter of setting different margins (from the nearest
reference area, incidentally, not from the immediate ancestor block).

By the time we end up with an FO file there should be no such concept as
"catalogue"'s or "formation"'s or the nesting thereof; your XSLT ought to do
the computations.

Arved Sandstrom

Senior Developer
e-plicity.com (www.e-plicity.com)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
"B2B Wireless in Canada's Ocean Playground"