Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Giuseppe Cardamone <br...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/11 20:55:20 UTC

Error with Axis setup

Hello,
I have a trouble with the setup of Axis 1.4 with Tomcat 6 (I'm on Leopard
Mac OSX). that's what I've done:

- Tomcat setup, JAVA setup (all ok: I can see the "Welcome page" at
localhost:8080)
- unpacked axis-1_4.tar
- copied the axis-1_4/webapps/axis folder in ../tomcat/webapps
- copied the xerces libraries in the ../tomcat/webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib (If
I well understood the doc, xerces libraries are strongly required... Am I
right?)
- loaded environment variables and libreries by terminal as follows:

export CATALINA_HOME=/Library/tomcat
export AXIS_HOME=/Library/tomcat/webapps/axis/WEB-INF
export AXIS_LIB=$AXIS_HOME/lib

export
AXISCLASSPATH=$AXIS_LIB/axis.jar:$AXIS_LIB/commons-discovery.jar:$AXIS_LIB/commons-logging.jar:$AXIS_LIB/jaxrpc.jar:$AXIS_LIB/saaj.jar:$AXIS_LIB/log4j-1.2.8.jar:$AXIS_LIB/xml-apis.jar:$AXIS_LIB/xercesImpl.jar

Tomcat homepage is ok (localhost...) but if I try to point my browser to
http://localhost:8080/axis I have a 404 error: "*The requested resource ()
is not available.*"
can you help me?

I'm probably forgetting a library or a variable, but I can't understend
what!
thanks,

Giuseppe