Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@d-haven.org> on 2003/12/01 18:44:04 UTC

Trying to install Maven on private network

This is a real challenge.  Due to the nature of plugins, there are a number of
items that are downloaded behind the scenes, and not even reported--until you
try to actually build something with the install.

I found that both Jing and Commons Logging were two of those items.  The weird
thing is that when I have my system installed over on the private network, it
requires these JARs--but on the public network, it seems not to need them.

I don't quite get it, but I thought it would be decent to report these problems
in case someone else can benefit from it.