Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by "WONG, CARRINGTON [AG/1000]" <ca...@monsanto.com> on 2017/09/15 15:55:21 UTC

No response via AWS ELB/ALB

Hi,

Our Superset deployment in AWS works fine if we use an SSH tunnel to access the service (hosted on EC2 in private subnet). However, we are uable to access the service via an ELB or ALB. It times out and we can't see anything in any logs as to why (ELB/ALB, VPC Flow, application logs or otherwise). The strange thing is that we are unable to see why this might be the case as our security group is open (with the correct ports, the health check is even passing), and there are no ACLs, or firewalls. Any help as how others have successfully configured Superset fronted by an ALB/ELB would be most helpful.

Thanks,

Stuart Wong - Solutions Architect

Blog: http://cgswong.blogspot.com | Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/cgswong | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cgswong

This email and any attachments were sent from a Monsanto email account and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete this email and any attachments immediately. Any unauthorized use, including disclosing, printing, storing, copying or distributing this email, is prohibited. All emails and attachments sent to or from Monsanto email accounts may be subject to monitoring, reading, and archiving by Monsanto, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, as permitted by applicable law. Thank you.

Re: No response via AWS ELB/ALB

Posted by Nishant Bangarwa <nb...@hortonworks.com>.
Looks related to https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/issues/978
Have you tried setting "ENABLE_PROXY_FIX = True" in superset_config.py ?

--
Nishant Bangarwa
Hortonworks