Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by no...@apache.org on 2011/08/01 16:00:10 UTC

Incubator PMC/Board report for August 2011 (ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org)

Dear OpenOffice.org Developers,

This email was sent by an automated system on behalf of the Apache Incubator PMC.
It is an initial reminder to give you plenty of time to prepare your quarterly
board report.

The board meeting is scheduled for  Wed, 17 August 2011, 10 am Pacific. The report
for your podling will form a part of the Incubator PMC report. The Incubator PMC
requires your report to be submitted one week before the board meeting, to allow
sufficient time for review.

Please submit your report with sufficient time to allow the incubator PMC, and
subsequently board members to review and digest. Again, the very latest you
should submit your report is one week prior to the board meeting.

Thanks,

The Apache Incubator PMC

Submitting your Report
----------------------

Your report should contain the following:

 * Your project name
 * A brief description of your project, which assumes no knowledge of the project
   or necessarily of its field
 * A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards
   graduation.
 * Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be aware of
 * How has the community developed since the last report
 * How has the project developed since the last report.

This should be appended to the Incubator Wiki page at:

  http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2011

Note: This manually populated. You may need to wait a little before this page is
      created from a template.

Mentors
-------
Mentors should review reports for their project(s) and sign them off on the
Incubator wiki page. Signing off reports shows that you are following the
project - projects that are not signed may raise alarms for the Incubator PMC.

Incubator PMC

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for August 2011 (ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org)

Posted by Graham Lauder <yo...@openoffice.org>.
On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 21:50:46 Christian Grobmeier wrote:
> Graham, as time is short (due today) I have added it to the wiki and signed
> it Cheers

Thanks for that, Christian,

Work consumed my time the last couple of days.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Graham,

reads excellent to me. I would suggest you add it immediately to the
incubator wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2011

It can be edited there - mentors can sign it off there too.

Cheers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for August 2011 (ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org)

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Noirin,

I have added your name to the "mentor signed off box", as you have
said you would, if you could. Hope thats OK. If not, please tell me.

Cheers

--
http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for August 2011 (ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org)

Posted by Nóirín Plunkett <no...@apache.org>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
On 8 August 2011 01:10, Rob Weir <ap...@robweir.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <or...@apache.org> wrote:
>> High Graham,
>>
>> I brought over the July 2011 report and updated it as well as I could:
>> <http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2011>.

> Modest growth in the number of list subscribers:
> http://pulse.apache.org/#ooo-dev_at_incubator.apache.org
>
> One new committer elected (Terry).
>
> For issues I think it would be honest to say that we're struggling to
> reconcile the way OOo was run under Sun/Oracle with how Apache works.
> The issues range from mapping project roles, to mapping IP
> requirements.

Yes.

Note that the mailing list gets a mean posts per day of over 57. This
is a great deal of mail to manage. A great deal of this is about
discussing how it used to work and how that should be mapped to how it
will work.

This will die down over time. I wonder if there can be any sensible
strategy for speeding up this process?

Ross

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for August 2011 (ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org)

Posted by Rob Weir <ap...@robweir.com>.
On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <or...@apache.org> wrote:
> High Graham,
>
> I brought over the July 2011 report and updated it as well as I could:
> <http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2011>.
>
> This gives you some structure to chew on.
>
> It would be great if we had more to say about the *.openoffice.org site(s), downloads, forums, wikis, and documents.
>
> Also, we seem to be stalled on getting JIRA/bugzilla up and running on Apache and also migrated from *.openoffice.org.
>
> I also indicated we seem to have a provisional approach to migration of the main code base to SVN and the rest to Apache Extras.  Something more definite would be good.

The feedback we received after last month's status report was that the
primary interest was on how the community is developing.  Sure,
infrastructure is important, but how has the community developed?

So might be worth mentioning the blog (new since our last report).

Posted by Graham Lauder <yo...@openoffice.org>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for August 2011 (ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@opendirective.com>.
On 1 August 2011 22:15, Rob Weir <ap...@robweir.com> wrote:
> Wow, it seems we just did a quarterly report last month [1]. How time flies.

The first three months of incubation are monthly reports. Then it goes
to quarterly.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)