Posted to user@ant.apache.org by vishnuv <vi...@infy.com> on 2000/09/19 09:58:42 UTC

Solution required

Hi,

 i am currently running servlets using Tomcat. but i want the URL path to
run servlet to be something like this.
http://localhost:8080/firstname/secondname/com.*.*.servlet. And i want my
servlets classes to reside in a different directory other than the default
directory.

As of now i have put the classes in D:\work\version2.0\Web-inf\classes. To
access the classes here, i have to use the url
http://localhost/version2.0/servlet/com.*.*.servlet.

The context which i have added is
 <Context path="/version2.0" docBase="D:\work\version2.0" debug="0"
reloadable="true" >
        </Context>

Is it necessary that i need to have 'servlet' in my url to run servlets.
Can any of you help me in this regard and tell me what changes i have to
make to access the servlet through the url
http://localhost:8080/firstname/secondname/com.*.*.servlet.

Thanks in advance
vishnu

RE: Solution required

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@m64.com>.
Vishnu,

You will be better served by posting this to the tomcat-user mailing list.

Good Luck

Conor