Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Gibson, Danny" <da...@cingular.com> on 2004/11/29 19:01:29 UTC

mod_jk.so for HP-UX 11.11

Hello All,

Can someone put me out of my misery?  I have attempted to build the
mod_jk.so for Apache 1.3.33 on HP-UX 11.11 multiple times and failing
miserable.  I have tried with multiple versions of the src but they ALL
continue to fail on line 22 of the apache13/Makefile referencing the
following during the make:

# make
No suffix list.
Making all in common --- This runs but errors after performing the make to
the apache-1.3 Makefile
Making all in apache-1.3
Make: line 22: syntax error.  Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Line 21 -  JK_DIR := ..
Line 22 -  BUILD_DIR = ${JK_DIR}/../build/jk/apache13

I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work but alas, I am
obviously not smart enough to figure it out.
Does someone have it already built that I could sponge off of in an attempt
to get it working for I retire?

Thanks In Advance,
Danny

Re: mod_jk.so for HP-UX 11.11

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.
From: "Gibson, Danny" <da...@cingular.com>
> Can someone put me out of my misery?  I have attempted to build the
> mod_jk.so for Apache 1.3.33 on HP-UX 11.11 multiple times and failing
> miserable.

I don't think we've ever had to compile it, it just comes with the
Apache/Tomcat distribution from HP.  I'm pretty sure they are free
downloads, look around here:
http://www.hp.com/products1/unix/webservers/apache/downloads/index.html

Does anything here help (even though it's old)?
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/mod_jk-howto.html#s64
What C compiler are you using?  I gather the one that comes with HP-UX won't
work, you have to either use GCC or buy HP's compiler.

Not much help, but just trying to keep another HP-UX user company. ;)

--
Wendy Smoak