Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by "Skalicky, Sam" <ss...@amazon.com.INVALID> on 2021/01/19 23:10:21 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0.rc3

Dear MXNet community,

This is the vote to release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0. Voting will start January 19, 17:00:00 PT and close on January 21, 17:00:00 PT.

Link to release notes:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MXNET/1.8.0+Release+Notes

Link to release candidate:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/releases/tag/1.8.0.rc3

Link to source and signatures on apache dist server:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/mxnet/1.8.0.rc3

Please remember to TEST first before voting accordingly:
+1 = approve
+0 = no opinion
-1 = disapprove (provide reason)

Here are the changes comparing to 1.8.0.rc2:

* Extensions bugfixes
* Updated LICENSE & rat checker
* fix for R builds
* Upgrade to oneDNN v1.7 with required bugfixes
* Fix for testing with CUDA 11, remove cleanup on side threads
* Fix for building CUDA 11 with Windows
* Remove temporary fix for RNN in MKLDNN

Best regards,
Sam Skalicky

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0.rc3

Posted by Zhu Zhaoqi <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Built 1.8.0.rc3 from source following instructions [1] on a EC2 g4dn, DLAMI
39 Ubuntu 18.04 instance.
Cuda was 10.0. I benchmarked pretrained bert base [2] and everything worked
as expected.

[1] https://mxnet.apache.org/get_started/build_from_source
[2] https://nlp.gluon.ai/model_zoo/bert/index.html

Best,
Zhaoqi

sandeep krishnamurthy <sa...@gmail.com> 于2021年1月21日周四 上午3:54写道:

Posted by sandeep krishnamurthy <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Sandeep Krishnamurthy

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache MXNet (incubating) version 1.8.0.rc3

Posted by Wei Chu <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Przemys��aw Tr��dak <pt...@apache.org>.
+1

Built the 1.8.0.rc3 from source and ran the unittests on V100, T4, GeForce RTX and A100 GPUs.

Posted by Manu Seth <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Chaitanya Bapat <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sheng Zha <zh...@apache.org>.