Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Renier Botes <Re...@pma.co.za> on 2000/08/29 20:27:15 UTC

Xalan-C: Cleaning lazy memory

We are running a multi-threaded application that dynamically creates
documents. The program is running as a WinNT service and doesn't terminate
until the service is stopped.

The problem we have is that the memory of our service isn't released every
time an xml document is created. We have traced the problem to lazy memory.
The lazy memory only gets released when XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate() gets
called, but this doesn't get called until the service gets stopped.

Can anyone please suggest a way for keeping the memory down, i.e. stopping
the
lazy memory from piling up without influencing other threads?

Thanx,
Renier