Posted to dev@openaz.apache.org by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/20 18:19:04 UTC

Moving forward

I think first priority is getting the new team promoted to committers, and
probably set as initial-commiters so we can utilize the private email list
in the future.  But that can be done by the PMC I think.

First up for the devs is the website in my opinion, because that will help
us organize better.  I think we should go with the Apache CMS solution
because that will get us up and running quickly, and free us up to do other
tasks.  If anyone disagrees about priority or direction, please chime in.

Information for setting up a podling website is at:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html

Regarding podling websites, this guide says:

Regardless of which tool you use, the web site should be maintained in the
> svn repository, and include the site generation tool as a binary file. This
> simplifies the process of site generation and enables changes to the site
> to be made by any committer. The generated site should also be checked into
> svn. This allows the generated site to be relocated to any part of the
> Apache site after incubation is complete.

Since the site is independent of the code, it should exist high in the svn
> repository, e.g. parallel to the trunk of the source tree.

Previously we were going to make a github repo for the website, commit
there, and then merge that into the apache repo.  Has a github repo been
created yet?  If so, what is the URL?  If not, please respond quickly so we
can make one.

Once we have committers, we can commit it - or an existing committer can
commit it if they can do so quickly.

Also, until we have a website, there's some important URLs for the project
that I guess we should just post here for now.  Here's what I know, please
add anything I'm missing.

*General*
Incubator page: http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openaz.html
Website: http://openaz.incubator.apache.org/
Project management:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20OPENAZ%20ORDER%20BY%20status%20DESC

*Source code*
Official Repo:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-openaz.git
Github Repo: https://github.com/apache/incubator-openaz

*Website*
Official Repo: (same as source code, branching at top level?)
Github Repo: ???

*Other ASF / Useful Links:*
http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html
http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html

Any other thoughts for moving forward?  Let's keep the conversation rolling!

David

Re: Moving forward

Posted by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com>.
*Mailing list subscription addresses:*

Everyone should subscribe to the dev list and commits list by sending an

Re: Moving forward

Posted by Yanik Grignon <yg...@salesforce.com>.
David,

Dug this out of the Feburary 2016 archive of the dev mailing list...

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-openaz-dev/201602.mbox/browser

Thanks!

Yanik Grignon
Sharing Team

Re: Moving forward

Posted by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Moving forward

Posted by Yanik Grignon <yg...@salesforce.com>.

Re: Moving forward

Posted by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Moving forward

Posted by Yanik Grignon <yg...@salesforce.com>.

Re: Moving forward

Posted by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, and there's another pr in there as well, which I'd presume is the PR
that didn't merge correctly?

Re: Moving forward

Posted by Yanik Grignon <yg...@salesforce.com>.

Re: Moving forward

Posted by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com>.
Nevermind, I'll add the tasks and just assign them.

Re: Moving forward

Posted by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Moving forward

Posted by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Moving forward

Posted by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Moving forward

Posted by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com>.
Nevermind, I see that you are. :-)

Re: Moving forward

Posted by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Moving forward

Posted by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com>.
Awesome! Good job, and thanks!

Re: Moving forward

Posted by Farasath Ahamed <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Moving forward

Posted by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Moving forward

Posted by Farasath Ahamed <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Re: Moving forward

Posted by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Moving forward

Posted by Farasath Ahamed <me...@gmail.com>.
When creating content I would like to give a hand. Let's get started :)

Re: Moving forward

Posted by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com>.
Awesome THANKS!! :-D

Re: Moving forward