Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Bas Schulte <ba...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/12 22:51:19 UTC

Stumped: using web console to talk to remote broker

Hi,

I'm running activemq stand-alone and want to use web console,
deployed in jetty or tomcat, to manipulate queues etc..

I can't figure out how I can do that. Web console by default comes
with this application context:

    <bean id="brokerService"
class="org.apache.activemq.xbean.BrokerFactoryBean">
       <property name="config" value="/WEB-INF/activemq.xml"/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="sessionPool" class="org.apache.activemq.web.SessionPool"/>
    <bean id="brokerQuery"
class="org.apache.activemq.web.BrokerFacade" autowire='constructor'
singleton="false"/>
    <bean id="queueBrowser"
class="org.apache.activemq.web.QueueBrowseQuery"
autowire='constructor' singleton="false"/>
    <bean id="messageQuery"
class="org.apache.activemq.web.MessageQuery" autowire='constructor'
singleton="false"/>

This creates *another* broker *in* my webapp which is not what I want.

I tried this, to make it use my remote (well, in the same box, for
now) broker:

    <bean id="brokerService"
class="org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService">
       <property name="transportConnectorURIs">
	 <list>
	    <value>tcp://localhost:61616</value>
	 </list>
       </property>
    </bean>

This still tries to create a broker:

2007-10-12 22:43:23,028 DEBUG
[org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory] -
  Creating instance of bean 'brokerQuery' with merged defini
tion [Root bean: class [org.apache.activemq.web.BrokerFacade];
scope=prototype; abstract=false; lazyInit=false;
autowireCandidate=true; autowireMode=3; dependenc
yCheck=0; factoryBeanName=null; factoryMethodName=null;
initMethodName=null; destroyMethodName=null; defined in
ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationCont
ext.xml]]
2007-10-12 22:43:23,040 DEBUG
[org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory] -
  Returning cached instance of singleton bean 'brokerService
'
2007-10-12 22:43:23,041 DEBUG
[org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory] -
  Autowiring by type from bean name 'brokerQuery' via constr
uctor to bean named 'brokerService'
2007-10-12 22:43:23,059 INFO
[org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService] - ActiveMQ 4.1.1 JMS
Message Broker (localhost) is starting
2007-10-12 22:43:23,059 INFO
[org.apache.activemq.broker.BrokerService] - For help or more
information please see: http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/

What's the magic incantation to make web console talk to the broker
at tcp://localhost:61616 ?

thanks,

bas.

--
                    bas a schulte   -   http://
www.connectedcreations.nl   -   http://www.wittezeiltjes.nl   -

Fwd: Stumped: using web console to talk to remote broker

Posted by Bas Schulte <ba...@gmail.com>.
Never mind. Seems to be a FAQ but Nabble's search currently doesn't
work too well due to problems with people.apache.org (timeouts).
After registering with Nabble searching works fine and I found the
answer. No go in 4.1.1., unfortunately.

Begin forwarded message: