Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Fabrício <fa...@de9.ime.eb.br> on 2006/01/19 01:12:43 UTC

Copying Type section from wsdl as text

Hello all,

I would like to know if it’s possible to copy the schema types from a wsdl
using wsdl4j or wsif?

For instance, I have the following wsdl placed in some url:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<definitions name="StockQuote"

targetNamespace="http://example.com/stockquote.wsdl"

xmlns:tns="http://example.com/stockquote.wsdl"

xmlns:xsd1="http://example.com/stockquote.xsd"

  <types>

    <schema targetNamespace=http://example.com/stockquote.xsd
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema">

      <element name="TradePriceRequest">

        <complexType>

          <all>

            <element name="tickerSymbol" type="string"/>

          </all>

        </complexType>

      </element>

      <element name="TradePrice">

        <complexType>

          <all>

            <element name="price" type="float"/>

          </all>

        </complexType>

      </element>

    </schema>

  </types>

  <message name="GetLastTradePriceInput">

      <part name="body" element="xsd1:TradePriceRequest"/>

  </message>

  <message name="GetLastTradePriceOutput">

      <part name="body" element="xsd1:TradePrice"/>

  </message>

  <portType name="StockQuotePortType">

    <operation name="GetLastTradePrice">

      <input message="tns:GetLastTradePriceInput"/>

      <output message="tns:GetLastTradePriceOutput"/>

    </operation>

  </portType>

  <binding name="StockQuoteSoapBinding" type="tns:StockQuotePortType">

    <soap:binding style="document"

    <operation name="GetLastTradePrice">

      <soap:operation soapAction="http://example.com/GetLastTradePrice"/>

      <input>

        <soap:body use="literal"/>

      </input>

      <output>

        <soap:body use="literal"/>

      </output>

    </operation>

  </binding>

  <service name="StockQuoteService">

    <documentation>My first service</documentation>

    <port name="StockQuotePort" binding="tns:StockQuoteBinding">

      <soap:address location="http://example.com/stockquote"/>

    </port>

  </service>

</definitions>

And I would like to generate a text file just with the type section. My text
file would be:

<types>

    <schema targetNamespace=http://example.com/stockquote.xsd
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema">

      <element name="TradePriceRequest">

        <complexType>

          <all>

            <element name="tickerSymbol" type="string"/>

          </all>

        </complexType>

      </element>

      <element name="TradePrice">

        <complexType>

          <all>

            <element name="price" type="float"/>

          </all>

        </complexType>

      </element>

    </schema>

  </types>

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks a lot!

Fabrício.

Re: Copying Type section from wsdl as text

Posted by Andrzej Jan Taramina <an...@chaeron.com>.
Fabricio:

> I would like to know if it´s possible to copy the schema types from a wsdl
> using wsdl4j or wsif?

WSDL4J or WSIF are the wrong tools for this.

It would be trivial to do with XSLT.  I suggest you take that appoach.

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com