Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "joe.sat" <yo...@akquinet.de> on 2013/12/20 11:52:08 UTC

Printing with Camel

Hi all,

I am printing via camel using the function sendBodyAndHeaders.
I tried to print using my PDF printer on Mac and it does perfectly.
When I tried it in my Toshiba network printer it does the printing but a
part of the upper and left part missed during printing (it does not respect
the indent of the page).
Do you think something in the Camel configuration should change?
Any one have an idea how to set the indent and the margin?

regards,

Re: Printing with Camel

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

The camel-printer component has these options
http://camel.apache.org/printer

It uses the java printer api, and it has many options AFAIR.

Though maybe try to see if one of the mediaSize fits you, eg A4 vs
US-A4 or what they are named. They can have different margins.

If not you may drill down in the java printer api and find details
about how to set margins etc.

We could maybe expose more options out of the box in camel-printer to
easily set those.

Though they key thing to find is what API in java printer to use for
doing what you need.
If you find this, then let us know, then we can likely improve
camel-printer component to make this easier to configure for you and
others.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 11:52 AM, joe.sat <yo...@akquinet.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am printing via camel using the function sendBodyAndHeaders.
> I tried to print using my PDF printer on Mac and it does perfectly.
> When I tried it in my Toshiba network printer it does the printing but a
> part of the upper and left part missed during printing (it does not respect
> the indent of the page).
> Do you think something in the Camel configuration should change?
> Any one have an idea how to set the indent and the margin?
>
> regards,

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com