Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/02 13:00:46 UTC

[VOTE] Release Tuscany Zip Plugin Alpha3

Please vote on releasing the Tuscany Zip Plugin module.

The change over the alpha2 release is to rename the module from
maven-zip-plugin to tuscany-zip-plugin, see TUSCANY-3861.

The tag for the release is:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/maven-plugins/tags/tuscany-zip-plugin-alpha3

The Maven staging repository is:
http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/tuscany-zip-plugin-alpha3-RC1

+1 from me.

   ...ant

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Zip Plugin Alpha3

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Florian Moga <mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ant,
> I'm trying to test the alpha3 version of the plugin but I'm facing the
> following problem while trying to package one of my samples as a zip
> contribution.
> I'm using
> <packaging>zip</packaging>
> <build>
>   <plugins>
>     <plugin>
>       <groupId>org.apache.tuscany.sca</groupId>
>       <artifactId>tuscany-zip-plugin</artifactId>
>       <version>alpha3</version>
>       <extensions>true</extensions>
>     </plugin>
>   </plugins>
> </build>
> I've tried
> <repositories>
>   <repository>
>     <id>ant-people-apache</id>
>
> <url>http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/tuscany-zip-plugin-alpha3-RC1</url>
>   </repository>
> </repositories>
> but maven says it's unable to index the repo. I've also tried manually
> deploying the plugin to the local repo but maven 2.2.1 still downloads
> alpha2 even though version is set to alpha3...

Thats a bug, the plugins component.xml was still referencing the old
'maven-zip-plugin' name. I'll go fix it and respin the release. Thanks
for reviewing.

Posted by Florian Moga <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ant,

[...]

How can I test it?