Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by kiyer_adobe <ik...@hotmail.com> on 2015/11/17 07:08:39 UTC

Undo Split Shard

We had 32 shards of 30GB each. The query performance was awful. We decided to
split shards for all of them. Most of them went fine but for 3 shards that
fine but <shard>_0 is definitely wrong. The parent shard is inactive and now
the split shards are active.
I tried deleteshard on the splitshards to split it again but it does not all
deleteshard on active shards. Running splitshard again on parent shard
failed.

I am unsure of what the options are at this point and query went from bad
performance to not working at all.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Re: Undo Split Shard

Posted by kiyer_adobe <ik...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Jan.

Re: Undo Split Shard

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Stop Solr.
Then use zkcli - https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Command+Line+Utilities
You want to first do getfile for state.json, then modify it, then putfile to upload it again.
Start Solr

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: Undo Split Shard

Posted by kiyer_adobe <ik...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Emir. How do I update the cluster state in zk? Is there an API for it?

Re: Undo Split Shard

Posted by Emir Arnautovic <em...@sematext.com>.
Hi,
You can try manually adjusting cluster state in ZK to include parent
shard and exclude splits, reload collection and try split again.

Btw. any error in logs when split failed?

Thanks,
Emir