Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@qosina.com> on 1996/04/17 05:14:37 UTC

socket failed

Ammm... I hate to bring this up now that the votes are due in, but it seems
with each release of apache we're increasing the socket error to hit ratio
here.

>From 11am on the 15 to 10pm on the 16, I generated over 132 socket errors
thi sis for about 3132 hits.  That's 30:1 ratio... with 1.0 it used to be
about 50:1.

Has anyone any opinion on this, or we're still going to leave it alone? And
no I don't have any suggestions on how to fix it, but I would like to point
out that ncsa's ratio is about 300:1.   This is from from version of ncsa's
ago.. I haven't tried it with in the last 5-6 months.

<Aram>