Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Bachmann, Ditmar" <di...@siemens.com> on 2008/03/14 14:18:36 UTC

show properties i log

Hi,

I would like to show some user-defined properties in the file-log, eg I
define my own version-numbering by a property different from
Subversions's revision Numbers, and would like to show this property in
the svn log. Does anybody know how to to this? Even better, I want to
see this in tortoise-log-cmd.

best regards
Ditmar

Ditmar Bachmann
tel:   +49 (89) 636 - 49663
mail: ditmar.bachmann@siemens.com

Re: show properties i log

Posted by Eric Gillespie <ep...@pretzelnet.org>.
"David Glasser" <gl...@davidglasser.net> writes:

> I assume you're referring to revision properties, not node properties?
>  Subversion 1.5 comes with "--with-revprop" argument to "svn log"
> (although it only works with --xml mode, or with another application
> (Tortoise, say) using the API directly).

I'm not sure I explained why I only added this to the XML format
of svn log.  Arbitrary revprops contain arbitrary data.  How do
we know how to format it?  XML has a mechanism for binary data
already, so there's no problem there.

--
Eric Gillespie <*> epg@pretzelnet.org

Re: show properties i log

Posted by David Glasser <gl...@davidglasser.net>.
On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 7:18 AM, Bachmann, Ditmar
<di...@siemens.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to show some user-defined properties in the file-log, eg I
> define my own version-numbering by a property different from Subversions's
> revision Numbers, and would like to show this property in the svn log. Does
> anybody know how to to this? Even better, I want to see this in
> tortoise-log-cmd.

I assume you're referring to revision properties, not node properties?
 Subversion 1.5 comes with "--with-revprop" argument to "svn log"
(although it only works with --xml mode, or with another application
(Tortoise, say) using the API directly).

--dave

--
David Glasser | glasser@davidglasser.net | http://www.davidglasser.net/