Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/13 23:11:13 UTC

[VOTE] remove RequiredTextField in 2.0/1.3

To cut down on our API and remove some ultra-convenience stuff, I
propose to remove RequiredTextField from our API. Requiredness is
easily achieved using 'setRequired(true)', and therefore removes the
need for a special field.

[ ] yes remove RequiredTextField in 2.0 and 1.3
[ ] yes remove RequiredTextField in 2.0 only
[ ] no, but move it to wicket-extensions
[ ] no, I'm very attached to RequiredTextField and would keep it where it is.

Martijn
--
for <a href="http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/stuff/wicket">Wicket</a>
at the <a href="http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/">Best Stuff in

Re: [VOTE] remove RequiredTextField in 2.0/1.3

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

> [x] yes remove RequiredTextField in 2.0 only

-igor

Re: [VOTE] remove RequiredTextField in 2.0/1.3

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
 [ ] yes remove RequiredTextField in 2.0 and 1.3
 [ x ] yes remove RequiredTextField in 2.0 only
 [ ] no, but move it to wicket-extensions
 [ ] no, I'm very attached to RequiredTextField and would keep it where it is.

I see no advantage to removing it from 1.3 as well; it'll only make
upgrading harder for users.

Eelco

Re: Re: [VOTE] remove RequiredTextField in 2.0/1.3

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
The general consensus is to remove the RequiredTextfield only in 2.0

Final vote:
 - remove in 2.0 only: 3 binding

Martijn

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.