Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Filip Balas <fb...@IMVProjects.com> on 2004/12/12 02:41:14 UTC

DatePicker question...

I have a datepicker component that
is initialized with a null date (the database
does not have a date set yet and the purpose
of the form is to initialize this field)

The form renders correctly, with nothing
in the date picker text field with no problems.
However when I enter a date using the datepicker
and submit the form I recieve the following
error:

ognl.OgnlException
target is null for setProperty(null, "fromDate", Mon Dec 06 00:00:00 MST 2004)

It appears that I cannot set a date using the
datepicker if the date is null.  Am I interpreting
the error correctly?  If so, is there some way to
deal with this (I cannot initialize all dates to some
default as this would be confusing to the user)?

Thanks,
Filip

Re: DatePicker question...

Posted by Bryan Lewis <br...@maine.rr.com>.
I suspect it's not the date that's null but the object it's a property of.
That's the null the error message is referring to in "setProperty(null,
fromDate)".   Perhaps you have a binding like <binding name="value"
expression="item.fromDate"/> and 'item' isn't persistent.  If that's the
case, declare that object as persistent so it sticks around for the
submission.