Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com> on 2008/02/02 02:38:25 UTC

Continuum renamed and moved my projects?

I created two project groups and added to each group a maven2 project,
one is set to a branch and the other one is set to point to the trunk in
Subversion. Both projects represent the same product, but as specified
each project represents different code.

I renamed each project to reflect the code type one as main and the
other as a branch.

Now when I run a build, Continuum did the following:

1. It moved the project under the trunk code group to be under the
second group that is I set to point to the branch?

2. In the group that points to the branch, Continuum renamed both
projects to have the same name?

Does anyone know what is wrong?

  Sameh

RE: Continuum renamed and moved my projects?

Posted by "Tawfik, Sameh E" <Sa...@fairisaac.com>.

Wendy,

I created two project groups "project group A" and "Project group B". In
"project group A", I added a maven2 project "abc-r4", and in "Project
group B", I added maven2 project "abc-r3".

Both projects represent the same product, but each project represents
different code, so project "abc-4" represents the main code of the trunk
and "abc-r3" project represents the code from a branch in Subversion.

After I did the above, when I attempted to build project "abc-3" that
represents the branch, Continuum did the following:

1. It moved "abc-r4" project from project group "project group A" to the
second project group "Project group B". When I opened "project group A"
it was empty!

2. In project group "Project group B", Continuum renamed both projects
to have the same name? So now, the two projects are called "abc". When I
click on each project to see the properties, I see each project SCM URL
is set correctly to the point to the right line of code inside
Subversion repository, one is set to the trunk, and the other is set to
a branch.

I think there must be some configuration that I need to set inside
Continuum to allow it to maintain the structure that I set? I'm not sure
yet what do I need to set to accomplish this goal? Maybe it's something
I need to set under the Administration choices?

What I'm trying to do is simple, I just want to add two projects of the
same product, one represents the main line of code and the other one
represents a branch.

  Sameh

> Now when I run a build, Continuum did the following:
>
> 1. It moved the project under the trunk code group to be under the
> second group that is I set to point to the branch?
>
> 2. In the group that points to the branch, Continuum renamed both
> projects to have the same name?

What do you mean when you say Continuum "moved" and "renamed" the
projects?

--
Wendy

Re: Continuum renamed and moved my projects?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.