Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by erikjthomas3 <er...@icloud.com> on 2016/02/18 17:11:09 UTC

HTTPService breakage in Flex SDK 4.15?

I and a colleague each upgraded from Flex SDK 4.14 to 4.15 (20/20) and an old
HTTPService GET call that has been in production for years on Mobile devices
is now consistently failing on both our systems for no apparent reason we
can see while debugging.

Does this ring a bell? Anyone seen this? If I paste the URL below into my
browser, it retrieves successfully. But from the app, it fires a fault
event.

Nothing has changed in this code, and reverting to 4.14 it runs fine. Anyone
have any ideas?

Could there be a new security requirement that doesn't provide a meaningful
fault message?

Thanks so much!

Erik

_faultCode: Server.Error.Request
faultDetail: Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false
cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032: Stream Error. URL:
http://www.linqto.com/facebookapplicationservice.axd?roomName=communitybanker&type=getHero"
errorID=2032]. URL:
http://www.linqto.com/facebookapplicationservice.axd?roomName=communitybanker&type=getHero
faultString: HTTP request error
rootCause.text: Error #2032: Stream Error. URL:
http://www.linqto.com/facebookapplicationservice.axd?roomName=communitybanker&type=getHero
rootCause.type: ioError

REQUEST INFO

method: GET
resultFormat: object
rootURL: app:/cbMobile.swf
useProxy: false
destination: DefaultHTTP
contentType: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Re: [Non-DoD Source] Re: HTTPService breakage in Flex SDK 4.15?

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@gmail.com>.
Did we hear back if this was HTTPS or HTTP?  From what I understand, there
were some changes in the Flash Player engine for HTTPS connections when 20
was released -- and it was released recently.  This may cause some cryptos
to fail if you were talking to older servers...

-Nick

Re: Question regards FlexJS and threads/workers

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 2/19/16, 11:49 AM, "Jason Taylor" <ja...@dedoose.com> wrote:

>was just wondering with FlexJS if we will better be able to utilize
>background threads, and how that interaction might work.

I haven't even thought about it.  Both SWF and many browsers seem to
support a "Worker" concept so I imagine we would try to leverage that.
Are there things about Flex that don't work well with workers that we
should change in FlexJS?

Thanks,
-Alex

Question regards FlexJS and threads/workers

Posted by Jason Taylor <ja...@dedoose.com>.
was just wondering with FlexJS if we will better be able to utilize background threads, and how that interaction might work.
~ JT

RE: [Non-DoD Source] Re: HTTPService breakage in Flex SDK 4.15?

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.

Posted by Clint M <cm...@gmail.com>.
Install an app like charles proxy on a computer and configure the proxy
settings on the mobile device to run through the proxy.
https://www.charlesproxy.com/documentation/faqs/using-charles-from-an-iphone/

Compare the raw http requests from 4.14 and 4.15 then maybe post the
results if you can't figure it out.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
Is it an SSL URL ?

Tom

Posted by Scott Talsma <sc...@talsma.tv>.
I ran into a similar issue w/an older app that I maintain.  But I was
making SOAP calls to .NET.

Does it work fine initially, and after about a minute of inactivity, you
start getting stream errors?

Scott