Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Or Goshen <ob...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/06 11:49:37 UTC

libspamc.so and bayes

Hi

Is it possible to use libspamc.so to tell spamd that a message is either
spam or ham ?
ie, imitate  "sa-learn --spam/--ham" using libspamc.so.

There dont seem to be any documentation about the library, all I could find
are comments in the header file which weren't really helpful.

   Or

Re: libspamc.so and bayes

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
On Feb 6, 2008, at 4:49 AM, Or Goshen wrote:
> Is it possible to use libspamc.so to tell spamd that a message is
> either spam or ham ?
> ie, imitate  "sa-learn --spam/--ham" using libspamc.so.
>
> There dont seem to be any documentation about the library, all I
> could find are comments in the header file which weren't really
> helpful.

Yes, look at message_tell:

/* Process the message through the spamd tell command, making as many
  * connection attempts as are implied by the transport structure. To
make
  * this do failover, more than one host is defined, but if there is
only
  * one there, no failover is done.
  */
int message_tell(struct transport *tp, const char *username, int flags,
                  struct message *m, int msg_class,
                  unsigned int tellflags, unsigned int *didtellflags);

You can look for some example usage in the actual spamc command:

        −L learn type, −−learntype=type
            Send message to spamd for learning.  The "learn type" can
be either
            spam, ham or forget.  The exitcode for spamc will be set
to 5 if
            the message was learned, or 6 if it was already learned.

            Note that the "spamd" must run with the "−−allow
−tell" option for
            this to work.

        −C report type, −−reporttype=type
            Report or revoke a message to one of the configured
collaborative
            filtering databases.  The "report type" can be either
report or
            revoke.

            Note that the "spamd" must run with the "−−allow
−tell" option for
            this to work.

Michael