Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by te...@freemail.hu on 2007/07/18 18:15:08 UTC

Environment setting and autodeploy problem

Hi!

Using Tomcat 5.5 with environment setting in context (in server.xml) the
auto(live)deploy doesn't work anymore (noting happens when touching the war
in webapps). If I remove the context from the host tag in server.xml it works
again.

<Host  appBase="webapps"
          name="localhost"
	  unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

        <Context
            path="/ideskweb">
          <Environment
            description=""
            name="dburl"
            type="java.lang.String"
            value="jdbc:postgresql://xxx:5433/test"/>
        </Context>

</Host>

Is there a solution for using environment settings with autodeploy?

Thanks in advance,
Balázs

Re: Environment setting and autodeploy problem

Posted by te...@freemail.hu.
Hi!

I used the Tomcat Administrator to define the environment setting. Admin saved
the entry to the server.xml. You can see it in the docs at
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html#Environment%20Entries

Otherwise it works fine, but I can't use the autodeploy feature.

Thanks,
Balázs

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.