Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Kevin Puscas <ke...@nitorgroup.com> on 2015/04/16 18:37:19 UTC

Messages getting spooled but not delivered w/ 3.0b5

We have been seeing this intermittent behavior where messages will get queued in spool but then not processed further. We are using the file based queue (org.apache.james.queue.file.FileMailQueueFactory). If we restart James sometimes it will clear through the backlog on its own but other time we have to move the files out of the queue and manually put them back in. This does not appear to be a load issue as we are well below our tested throughput threshold. The server is a quad core, Centos 6, with james having 10 threads and 10gb memory allocated. Has anyone else seen anything similar to this?

Kevin Puscas
Principal
Nitor Group, Ltd.
"trust, illumination, leadership"