Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Aviad Rotem <ro...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/15 13:30:43 UTC

RestartStrategies & checkpoints

Hi,

if my job configured with *setRestartStrategy *and with *enableCheckpointing
*(&enableExternalizedCheckpoints).
it case of failure and job restart, does it restart with the latest
checkpoint or is it restarts without any checkpoint.

Re: RestartStrategies & checkpoints

Posted by aviad <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan,

thanks for your answer.
I should have probably understand this behavior from
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/dev/restart_strategies.html#overview
"If checkpointing is not enabled, the “no restart” strategy is used. If
checkpointing is activated and the restart strategy has not been configured,
the fixed-delay strategy is used with Integer.MAX_VALUE restart attempts."

but still it is not written literally

thanks
Aviad

Re: RestartStrategies & checkpoints

Posted by Stefan Richter <s....@data-artisans.com>.
Hi,

if the restart strategy that you set is configured to do restarts and you have checkpoints enabled, it will try to recover from the latest checkpoint. Is there any confusing point in the documentation that made this unclear for you, which we could improve?

Best,
Stefan