Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Härtel, Eric <E....@d-trust.net> on 2007/09/14 16:22:29 UTC

TypehandlerCallback

Another newbe question

I did generate some classes by JAXB, so I have a class Application with member time of XMLGregorianCalendar. In the MS SQLServer database I want to store this object in is column of type 'datetime'.

I did implement the TypeHandlerCallback and put the following in the config files

in SqlMapConfig.xml
===================
<typeHandler
	javaType="javax.xml.datatype.XMLGregorianCalendar"
	jdbcType="TIMESTAMP"
	callback="de.my.package.database.TimeTypeHandlerCallback" />

in SqlMap_Application.xml
=========================
<insert id="insertApplication" parameterClass="Application" >
	insert into APPLICATION (
		APPLICATION_TIME )
	values (
		#time# )
</insert>

The typehandler is loaded/constructed but not used during execution. I get the following error:

2007-09-14 16:05:41,530 ERROR - de.my.package.database.DatabaseTest.<init>(DatabaseTest.java:89) [main]: com.ibatis.common.jdbc.exception.NestedSQLException:
--- The error occurred in SqlMap_Application.xml.
--- Check the insertApplication-InlineParameterMap.
--- Check the parameter mapping for the 'time' property.
--- Cause: java.lang.NullPointerException

Trying different JDBC types (DATE, TIME) leads to the same result.

Can anybody give me a clue, where to look for the problem.

greetings, eric