Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Al...@tessella.com on 2014/02/21 10:46:13 UTC

Adding extension elements to the end of an Atom feed returned by a query

I've created an improvement issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CMIS-761 to enable extension
elements to be added to the end of an Atom feed returned by a query.
This would enable extra metadata to be included in a query response that
doesn't relate to any individual entry in the query response. For example,
our server implementation uses Apache Solr to handle queries. By allowing
extension elements in the Atom feed, we could include faceting results in
the query response.

I think this would require small changes to just two source files, so
hopefully it's not a very controversial change. :)

Hope you also think this would be a useful addition.

Regards,
Alan Gairey
Product Architect, Tessella Archiving Solutions
Tessella
26 The Quadrant, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 3YS
Registered in England No. 1466429
T: +44 (0)1235 555511     E: alan.gairey@tessella.com     W:
www.digital-preservation.com