Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Craig McDaniel <cr...@nplus1.net> on 2002/04/12 19:35:48 UTC

Sub-packages for Actions?

Should sub-packages for actions behave the same as for screens? IOW, I
have set the action to be "admin,AddUser". However, Turbine is not
finding my action class. Do actions not work this way, or is the
problem somewhere else (or am I the problem)? My classes that are in
the main actions package are working just fine.

Later,
--
\ Craig Patrick McDaniel
/_\ Software Engineer

Re: Sub-packages for Actions?

Posted by Jesse Chen <je...@jalvamedia.com>.
Turbine looks for action modules defined in your
TurbineResources.properties - in the "module.packages=" field. If you have a
package under a directory defined in "module.packages", you'll need to
specify the package name in your setAction parameter.

For example, if you have "module.packages=com.yourcompany.modules.action" in
TR.prop and your action component is
"com.yourcompany.modules.action.test.FooAction"

Your form will need to specify the package under what was defined in
module.packages:

<form name="form" action="<%= link.setAction("test.FooAction") %>">
<input name="name" value="">
<input type="submit" name="eventSubmit_doCreate" value="Create a Foo!">
</form>

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>