Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Will Dye <wi...@dsndata.com> on 2000/08/28 21:46:17 UTC

Re: Clueless, FAQ-less newbie flails helplessly

On Sat, 26 Aug 2000 11:17:19 +1000,  Peter Donald writes:

> >Step one is the FAQ, but that's where I got stuck.  I tried to open
> >the Ant FAQ page, but got slapped away with an error

> http://jakarta.apache.org/jyve-faq/Turbine/screen/DisplayTopics/action/SetAl
> l/project_id/2/faq_id/16
>
> works now for me. Was this the URL you tried ?

I think so.  I tried it again this weekend, and it worked for me
that time.  I dunno what was wrong earlier, but maybe my bug report
got someone to fix it.

> >Bottom line: does someone know of another place to find the FAQ and
> >any other documentation about Ant & how to use it?

> well there is a bit of documentation in nightly downloads and I would start
> there. Another great place to look is at the various other build.xml's for
> apache projects. This is one I maintain and think is reasonably clear to
> read (except for documentation part).
>
> http://www.working-dogs.com/cvsweb/index.cgi/~checkout~/framework/build.xml?
> rev=1.43&content-type=text/plain

That's what I'm looking for.  Thanks!!

--Will

   William L. Dye             Accountability, thy name is
   willdye@willdye.com        "low-cost digital storage".