Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by onno <on...@onnos.com> on 2003/09/08 12:23:17 UTC

Finding How Many PB's are left free in the Pool

Hiya

a week ago i posted a mail regarding Identity Problems. All feedback was
down to Connections running out. Since then my PC crashed and spent some
time copying everything back. I'd just like to thank those who replied.

Having said that - we did find a few unclosed brokers but we are still
having the same issue. I remember one post saying he checked to see how many
PB were free in the pool, i've been looking at the docs but can't find any
hint on how to retrive the Free PB's still left available. This way we can
write a quick servlet which can tell us if we are running out - the person
in question used a thread but the main problem is finding where in the
PB-API i can find the info...

Also does OJB clean up 'after' itself. In the client side we used 1 static
PB , but we never close(d) it - presuming at exit the GC would also close
everything up (but i'm not sure). We do now close that one at exit but
problem remains.

Greetz

Onno.