Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Minto van der Sluis <Mi...@MultiMach.com> on 2005/03/04 22:19:43 UTC

using apr-iconv in apr-util?

Hi,

I wonder how important it is to use apr-iconv when building apr-util?
Does apr-util work well a different iconv?

The reason I ask is because I intend to add apr, apr-util and apr-iconv
as packages to the T2 build environmant (www.t2-project.org). However
there is already a iconv (I think gnu) installed. Unfortunately I am not
allowed to overwrite  the existing one.

Does anyone have a clue what version of apache httpd will use the latest
version of APR?

Kind regards,

Minto van der Sluis

Re: using apr-iconv in apr-util?

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 22:19:43 +0100, Minto van der Sluis
<Mi...@multimach.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder how important it is to use apr-iconv when building apr-util?
> Does apr-util work well a different iconv?

If your system iconv() works fine, then apr-util will work fine with
that instead of apr-iconv.  Use apr-iconv if your system doesn't have
a suitable iconv().

> Does anyone have a clue what version of apache httpd will use the latest
> version of APR?

Apache 2.1-dev is using the current development branch (trunk) of APR.
 That may change in the future, however.

Re: using apr-iconv in apr-util?

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 03:19 PM 3/4/2005, Minto van der Sluis wrote:

>The reason I ask is because I intend to add apr, apr-util and apr-iconv as packages to the T2 build environmant (www.t2-project.org). However there is already a iconv (I think gnu) installed. Unfortunately I am not allowed to overwrite  the existing one.

Don't - by default apr-util will find your system iconv.  No need
for you to build apr-iconv, in fact, it's implementation is 'internal'
for apr-util's apr_xlate function.  The same will happen from your
system iconv.

Bill