Posted to users@isis.apache.org by Mike Burton <mi...@mycosystems.co.uk> on 2012/03/13 23:07:19 UTC

Running quick start archetype from Eclipse

Hi Folks,

A couple of startup questions if I may-

When I launch the quickstart-html .launch  from eclipse, what URI do I then need to browse?
I tried browsing to just localhost:8080 but it gave  403 Forbidden
localhost:8080 worked fine when I did:   cd viewer-html  ;  mvn jetty:run

From the quick-start.html page I'm having problems with:   java -jar webapp/target/myapp-webapp-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT-jetty-console.war
I've corrected the command to: java -jar viewer-html/target/myapp-viewer-html-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war (and changed 'myapp' to my app's name) - I'll update the site too at some stage.
Even so, I get:  failed to load 'isis.properties'
The "equivalent" command:    cd viewer-html  ;  mvn jetty:run
  works fine, gets its props from <myapp>/viewer-html/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/isis.properties
I'm guessing I need to add some args but which? Like in order to run the quickrun jar I needed to add:   --type exploration --viewer dnd

Best Regards

Mike Burton

Re: Running quick start archetype from Eclipse

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
On 13 March 2012 23:22, Mike Burton <mi...@mycosystems.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Yes, when I run  mvn archetype:generate   it says  Archetype
> [org.apache.isis:quickstart-archetype:0.1.2-incubating and it created a
> viewer-html/ dir  not webapp/

ok, so that's the wrong one.

> When I added -DarchetypeVersion=0.2.0-incubating
> It gave Archetype repository missing. Using the one from
> [org.apache.isis:quickstart-archetype:0.1.2-incubating] found in catalog
> remote
> So I guess I need to update something?

strange.  Not sure what you need to update.  If you browse to
search.maven.org then you'll see that 0.2.0-incubating is there.  I also
just deleted those artifacts from my local ~/.m2/repository and ran the
command and it brought them all back down again.

> In my ~/.m2 I have a  archetype-catalog.xml  containing:
>  <artifactId>quickstart-archetype</artifactId>
>  <version>0.1.2-RC3-incubating</version>
>
> This doesn't matter (i think).  It can be updated with mvn
archetype:crawl, if I recall.

> In ~/.m2/repository/org/apache/isis/quickstart-archetype  I have dirs:
>  0.1.2-RC3-incubating
>  0.1.2-incubating

mv the "quickstart-archetype" to one side, run archetype:crawl, and then
try again specifying the -DarchetypeVersion.  By fair means or foul we'll
get there...!

Mark ... do you have any clue?  You're tops with Maven, aren't you?

Cheers
Dan

Posted by Mike Burton <mi...@mycosystems.co.uk>.
Hi Dan,