Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Aare Vesi <aa...@myrien.com> on 2005/05/07 00:53:54 UTC

mod_perl2 rc6 troubles patch

Hi,

While using latest mod_perl2 RC6 with latest Embperl from CVS it won't
work because that modules renaming issue
[http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/rename.html].

So I did some renaming stuff with http://people.apache.org/~geoff/fixme.
And produced a little patch.

Maybe someone finds that patch useful.

RE: mod_perl2 rc6 troubles patch

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

> > The current CVS version should work with old and new
> (>=rc5) mod_perl
> > versions, at least it does for me.
> >
> > Could you please retest with the unaltered CVS version
> (from yesterday).
> >
> > Does it pass make test for you?
> >

> #210 EmbperlObject/errdoc/epoerrdoc.htm...ok
> #211 EmbperlObject/errdoc/epoerrdoc2.htm...

If you get so far, than it works correctly regarding the namespace issue.
The problem are only differt error messages with different Perl versions.

Could you send me your test/tmp/httpd.err.log ?

Gerald

Re: mod_perl2 rc6 troubles patch

Posted by Aare Vesi <aa...@myrien.com>.

#210 EmbperlObject/errdoc/epoerrdoc.htm...ok
#211 EmbperlObject/errdoc/epoerrdoc2.htm...

Expected 2 more error(s) in logfile

Input:          test/html/EmbperlObject/errdoc/epoerrdoc2.htm
Output:         test/tmp/out.htm
Log:            test/tmp/test.log
Testparameter:
   errors = 4
   noerrtest = 1
   cgi = 0
   offline = 0

  ERRORS detected! NOT all tests have been passed successfully

make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 1

> If not could put at
>
>  warn "modperl2 = $modperl2  modperlapi=$modperlapi" ;
>
> In side the sub handler, and take a look at test/tmp/httpd.err.log and let
> me know what the output is?

Could you please specify into which file?

RE: mod_perl2 rc6 troubles patch

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi,

> While using latest mod_perl2 RC6 with latest Embperl from CVS
> it won't work because that modules renaming issue
> [http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/rename.html].
>
> So I did some renaming stuff with
> http://people.apache.org/~geoff/fixme.
> And produced a little patch.
>
> Maybe someone finds that patch useful.

Unfortunately that tool cannot be used for Embperl, because it "fixes" to
much. The problem is that Embperl should still work with modperl versions <
rc5 (and mod_perl 1.x), so it contains both, the old and the new namespace.