Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Abdel Hakim Deneche <ad...@maprtech.com> on 2015/09/17 23:42:42 UTC

Re: Resetting an option

I am looking at the corresponding pull request:

https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/159

and I have a question I can't seem to find an answer in this discussion:

Let's say a user changes an option A both at the SESSION and SYSTEM level.
What happens when the users issues "ALTER SYSTEM RESET A", does it reset A
only at the SYSTEM level but leave it changed at the SESSION level, or do
we want it to reset both SESSION and SYSTEM levels of A ?

--

Abdelhakim Deneche

Software Engineer

  <http://www.mapr.com/>