Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com> on 2005/12/01 19:53:15 UTC

[Somewhat OT] JSTL problem in Websphere

I'm trying to deploy a Struts-based app to Websphere (5.1 I believe) that
is now using JSTL in most places.  I have jstl.jar and standard.jar in
WEB-INF/LIB (both versions 1.1.2).  On my page I have:

<%@ taglib prefix="fmt" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/fmt" %>

This matches the URI in the fmt.tld in standard.jar.  I previously had:

<%@ taglib prefix="fmt" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/fmt" %>

Now, BOTH of those worked under Tomcat, but under Websphere I'm seeing:

Error 500: File "http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/fmt" not found

Same thing for both, with the applicable URI of course.  What bit of
stupidity am I committing here?  Thanks!

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect

Re: [Definitely OT] JSTL problem in Websphere

Posted by Yujun Liang <yu...@acm.org>.
Can you put fmt.tld into
/WEB-INF folder and using the following reference instead?
<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/fmt.tld" prefix="fmt" %>

Regards
On 12/2/05, Frank W. Zammetti <fz...@omnytex.com> wrote:

> Dave Newton wrote:
> > Frank W. Zammetti wrote:
> >
> >> What bit of stupidity am I committing here?
> >>
> > Using Websphere.
>
> You won't get any disagreement from me :)  I wish I had any kind of
> choice in the matter, but you know how it goes in big business when
> deals are made.
>
> Now it looks like ActionServlet isn't initializing, even though it works
> perfectly on Tomcat... probably some stupid problem with the resource
> bundle (hey, it's in WEB-INF/classes, but I'm deploying an EAR... that
> sounds like the recipe for a disaster to me with Websphere involved).
> But that's a problem for tomorrow :)
>
> Frank

Yujun Liang
yujun.liang@acm.org

Re: [Definitely OT] JSTL problem in Websphere

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@pingsite.com>.
Frank W. Zammetti wrote:

>What bit of stupidity am I committing here?

Using Websphere.

But seriously, folks...

We didn't see that error, but we were on a different version, and the
configuration they were using was twisted anyway. No help here. Really I
just wanted to say the jokey bit.

Dave

Re: [Somewhat OT] JSTL problem in Websphere

Posted by Nick Sophinos <ni...@gmail.com>.
We had a similar problem with Jetty and had to resort to referencing the taglib
via a file path to the tld file. These files come with the download of JSTL.

- Nick

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
Wendy, there's no other way to say this, so I'll just say it... You kick
all manner of a**!

That was exactly it, thanks for saving me an hours' worth of banging my
head on the desk!