Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2009/03/13 07:57:39 UTC

Board Report Mar 2009

I wrote an early rough draft for the Board Report for Mar 2009. It is
available here:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/ASF+Board+Report+2009-03

This is not finalized yet and there are a couple of days left before I
have to submit it, so please send comments and thoughts to make it
better and more complete!

-David

Re: Board Report Mar 2009

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Mar 13, 2009, at 1:35 PM, Adam Heath wrote:

> Adam Heath wrote:
>> David E Jones wrote:
>>> I wrote an early rough draft for the Board Report for Mar 2009. It
>>> is
>>> available here:
>>>
>>> http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/ASF+Board+Report+2009-03
>>>
>>> This is not finalized yet and there are a couple of days left
>>> before I
>>> have to submit it, so please send comments and thoughts to make it
>>> better and more complete!
>>
>> +0
>>
>> Need to pass this by Ean, see what he thinks.  Then I'll change to
>> +1.
>
> Actually, now that I think about it, before we make that release
> branch, we should make a concerted effort to make certain we are using
> the latest versions of any library we have in OfBiz.

This thread isn't really about the release branch, it's about the
board report (and I guess the +1 voting like thing is not really
voting and just a way of expressing support). The board report only
mentions "planning on" a release branch at the end of March.

There will certainly be separate threads and a voting thread about the
actual release branch.

-David

Re: Board Report Mar 2009

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.

Re: Board Report Mar 2009

Posted by Ean Schuessler <ea...@brainfood.com>.

----- "Adam Heath" wrote:
> Need to pass this by Ean, see what he thinks. Then I'll change to +1.

This looks good to me.

--
Ean Schuessler, CTO Brainfood.com
ean@brainfood.com - http://www.brainfood.com - 214-720-0700 x 315

Re: Board Report Mar 2009

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.

Re: Board Report Mar 2009

Posted by "risalitim@gmail.com" <ri...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: Board Report Mar 2009

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Board report looks good to me.

+1

--
Ashish

Re: Board Report Mar 2009

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
+1

Re: Board Report Mar 2009

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Just one question, what PRC stands for  in "but unless we somehow made that official ASF infrastructure there are PRC as well as
survivability issues with it" ?

Ha, I found it : Public Relation Commitee (I found a clue in the previous report : Ted Husted :o)

Jacques

From: "David E Jones" <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Re: Board Report Mar 2009

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Board Report Mar 2009

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
David,

Re: Board Report Mar 2009

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Re: Board Report Mar 2009

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.

--
Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive rates

Re: Board Report Mar 2009

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
+1

-Adrian