Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli - Diennea <en...@diennea.com> on 2016/04/18 16:04:42 UTC

OutOfMemoryError error on Jenkins

I'm seeing this java.lang.OutOfMemoryError error on Jenkins
https://builds.apache.org/job/bookkeeper-master/1349/

did you see this  ?

Running org.apache.bookkeeper.replication.TestReplicationWorker
Tests run: 27, Failures: 3, Errors: 3, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 135.658 sec <<< FAILURE!
Running org.apache.bookkeeper.replication.AuditorPeriodicCheckTest
Exception in thread "ThreadedStreamConsumer" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
        at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Arrays.java:2367)
        at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(AbstractStringBuilder.java:130)
        at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.ensureCapacityInternal(AbstractStringBuilder.java:114)
        at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(AbstractStringBuilder.java:415)
        at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java:237)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.report.ConsoleOutputFileReporter.writeMessage(ConsoleOutputFileReporter.java:115)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.report.MulticastingReporter.writeMessage(MulticastingReporter.java:101)
        at org.apache.maven.surefire.report.TestSetRunListener.writeTestOutput(TestSetRunListener.java:99)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.booterclient.output.ForkClient.consumeLine(ForkClient.java:132)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.booterclient.output.ThreadedStreamConsumer$Pumper.run(ThreadedStreamConsumer.java:67)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Exception in thread "Thread-215" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
        at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Arrays.java:2367)
        at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(AbstractStringBuilder.java:130)
        at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.ensureCapacityInternal(AbstractStringBuilder.java:114)
        at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(AbstractStringBuilder.java:535)
        at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java:322)
        at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(BufferedReader.java:351)
        at java.io.BufferedReader.readLine(BufferedReader.java:382)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.StreamPumper.run(StreamPumper.java:129)

--
Enrico Olivelli
Software Development Manager @Diennea

MagNews - E-mail Marketing Solutions
http://www.magnews.it
Diennea - Digital Marketing Solutions
http://www.diennea.com

________________________________

Iscriviti alla nostra newsletter per rimanere aggiornato su digital ed email marketing! http://www.magnews.it/newsletter/

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. Any unauthorized, direct or indirect, disclosure, copying, storage, distribution or other use is strictly forbidden.

Re: OutOfMemoryError error on Jenkins

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
I'm sorry, I dropped the ball on this thread. Here is one issue that we had some time back with out of memory:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BOOKKEEPER-4 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BOOKKEEPER-4>

The fix that solved the issue is linked to that jira.

-Flavio

Posted by Venkateswara Rao Jujjuri <ju...@gmail.com>.

--
Jvrao
---

Posted by Enrico Olivelli - Diennea <en...@diennea.com>.
Here is it
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BOOKKEEPER-923

I have not much time to investigate this week,
I'm afraid that new version uses more memory than previous one,
is there some commit which changed memory consumption ?

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.