Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Thomas Holton <ho...@mbi.ucla.edu> on 2002/01/11 19:55:47 UTC

memory error

Hi,
I built PHP on an ALPHA running OSF V5.1

I did the install after the make just like i did in the past.

This time, however, when i do:
apachectl start
i get this:
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl: 323331 Memory fault
/usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

There are no error messages being printed to any apache logs.

Now, I had apache running previously with PHP. I realized that imap had
not been properly installed into my PHP so i went back and rebuilt PHP.
Now I get this problem.

This is my configuration:

./configure  --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs
--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --with-gd=/usr/local/src/gd-1.8.4
--with-png-dir=/usr/local/src/libpng-1.2.0
--with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/src/zlib --with-curl=/usr/local/lib
--with-calendar --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/src/jpeg-6b/ --with-imap

(imap was installed by putting c-client.a in /usr/lib and the appropriate
header files in /usr/include)

This time around I had to edit a php source file:
in ext/standard/scanf.c
and make the function scan_set_error_return to NOT be an inline function.

Has anyone had this problem before?

thanks!
tom holton

..