Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "joelfradkin@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/17 22:23:07 UTC

Thank you

I appreciate all the help folks have provided me over the past 6 months.
I finished and they let me go.
I doubt I will be doing ofbiz work. I enjoyed the project very much and
found it very cool.

-----
Joel Fradkin

Re: Need Guidance

Posted by "joelfradkin@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com>.
There are several components out of the box. Erp and content. Check the doc
online. Also several companies offer support.

-----
Joel Fradkin

Need Guidance

Posted by Blaxton <bl...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi All,
I am a newbie in OFBiz, CRM or ERP applications in general and need some guidancebefore putting time to learn OFBIZ.
My questions are :
1- Does OFBiz come with some ready to use CRM or ERP or it is just a framework ?2- If it is a Framework, which company has the best development and support for OFBiz
     so I start with that application just in case I need some training.3- Is OFBiz modularized ? if yes, which of them is easier to start in case of end user or development.
I appreciate any point or tips to start OFBiz.
ThanksD

Re: Thank you

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
You could be more business oriented in your story (so maybe shorter ;) )and excerpt the more technical parts to your beginners guide.

You could still use Nabble if you prefer (than your email client)

Jacques

Re: Thank you

Re: Thank you

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Joel,

I quickly read it. It's cronological and you split borngifted story . So I indeed moved your story to the end.

I just notices some typos

 >Demo (which I recommend you set this up in a non development place.
An alone parenthese, I removed it

 >there is a ofbiz.xml that lays out what is where for that component and you can use that to add additional demo or seed data.
I replaced ofbiz.xml  by ofbiz-component.xml file

 >These detail what OFBiz expects and where.
details ;)

Thanks, feel free to re-read and fix my changes if necessary

Jacques

Re: Thank you

Re: Thank you

Posted by "joelfradkin@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com>.
I did my story, but guess I did not understand how (sorry). It is a comment.
Maybe you can move it to show up like the others. or give me a clue and I
will see if I can fix it.
Sorry I did not study the documentation first, I hope its not hard to fix.

-----
Joel Fradkin

Re: Thank you

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Joel,

I hope you will soon find another opportunity to work with OFBiz.
I know the documentation and the community have improved, and I have no ways to really measure what you exactly did.
But what you did alone in 6 months seems an achievement to me!

Kudos and good luck

Jacques

Re: Thank you

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
+1

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 3:18 AM, Nick Rosser <nr...@solveda.com> wrote:

> Joel,
>
> Very nice commentary regarding your experience with OFBiz. Would be
> perfect to be posted on the "User Story" wiki ... if you wouldn't mind.
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/
> Apache+OFBiz+User+Stories
>
> Good luck in your future endeavours ... hopefully it will include OFbiz!
>
> Nick
>

> On 11/20/2014 1:44 PM, joelfradkin@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I am a convert. Love OFBiz.
>> My only complaint is I finished the project in 6 months (I did screens for
>> requirements (moved MRP generation there), P.O., receiving, and inventory
>> adjustment. I did shipping address and company info, and add supplier. I
>> implemented using a conversion factor so stocked inventory and purchased
>> inventory had different Units of measure. I did EDI for both FTP and
>> service
>> oriented supplier EDI. In the end I was let go. If it had been harder I
>> would have worked for a longer period of time. OFBiz makes it too easy to
>> finish your work.
>>
>> Not sure what i will end up doing. I doubt it will be doing ofbiz
>> programming, but one never knows.
>> I appreciate all the help you provided, and I loved your books.
>>
>> Thank to everyone who took the time to help me understand the fun world of
>> Widgits, minilanguage, groovey , and java Ofbiz Style. It is such a great
>> frame work.
>>

>> -----
>> Joel Fradkin
>> --

Pranay Pandey
Senior Manager, Enterprise Software Development
HotWax Media
www.hotwaxmedia.com

Re: Thank you

Posted by "joelfradkin@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks will do my story tomorrow.  While I'm between jobs I'd like to do a
OFBIZ for dummies.  Summarize what I learned. Figured I'd do in word if you
think that would have value.

-----
Joel Fradkin

Re: Thank you

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Done https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/Apache+OFBiz+Contributors

Happy editing :)

Jacques

Re: Thank you

Posted by "joelfradkin@gmail.com" <jo...@gmail.com>.
User name is joelfradkin.

-----
Joel Fradkin

Re: Thank you

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Ha forgot the link https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+Stories

Re: Thank you

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Re: Thank you

Re: Thank you

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes good idea Nick, please Joel :)

Jacques

Re: Thank you

Posted by Nick Rosser <nr...@solveda.com>.
Joel,

Re: Thank you

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joel,

First of all: thank you for being a part of our little community. As you
have pointed out yourself you learned about OFBiz a lot in a short period
of time. Others will surely benefit - or get inspired - from what you have
posted in threads here.

That you have completed your assignment in six months should be regarded as
a complaint, but as a compliment. It shows, though OFBiz might be perceived
as tough and difficult when looking at it a first time, that it possible to
deliver OFBiz solutions and/or other enhancements on time. So, kudos!

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: Thank you

Re: Thank you

Posted by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joel

I'm glad you've succeded with your OFBiz implementation. I know that you've
been pretty active in the mailing lists not only asking questions but also
providing your feedback and experiences back to the community.

I hope you're a convert now and wont leave us!

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Thank you

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Good luck Joel, good to know that you found OFBiz very cool.

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 2:53 AM, joelfradkin@gmail.com <