Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by co2y <co...@foxmail.com> on 2017/06/03 06:36:32 UTC

build index on existing big table

Hi everyone,

I am creating index on an existing big table, it is very slow. Sometimes, it is stuck in “BUILDING” state.

When building index on an existing big table, does it upsert data into index table? Is there any other approaches like MapReduce to build index on existing tables?

Thank you!

Re: build index on existing big table

Posted by Jonathan Leech <jo...@gmail.com>.
Give Hbase region servers lots of memory, set number of Hbase store files and blocking files way high. Major compact before and after. You can create an index a sync with map reduce but not rebuild AFAIK. Also if rebuilding one or more local index, I found it better to drop it first in Hbase, preserving the splits.