Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mickaël CANÉVET <ca...@embl.fr> on 2012/02/28 09:32:42 UTC

[users@httpd] Fork as 'REMOTE_USER' instead of 'User'

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a way to tell apache httpd to fork as
'REMOTE_USER' instead of 'User' variable defined in httpd.conf.

The idea is to export a filesystem through HTTP (Dav), and instead of
giving apache's user read/write access on the files and play
with .htaccess for each folder, let apache fork as the authenticated
user so that I can use POSIX rights to give access.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Mickaël

Re: [users@httpd] Fork as 'REMOTE_USER' instead of 'User'

Posted by Mickaël CANÉVET <ca...@embl.fr>.
Thanks a lot for pointing me out this page. I do understand now why this
doesn't exist by default.

Wouldn't it be possible to modify mpm-itk a bit to fork as connected
user instead of statically defined users ?

Posted by Mark Montague <ma...@catseye.org>.