Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by 尹文才 <ba...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/25 07:15:28 UTC

Is there a configuration to limit the size of nifi's flowfile repository

Hi guys, I checked NIFI's system administrator guide trying to find a
configuration item so that the size of the flowfile repository could be
limited similar to the other repositories(e.g. content repository), but I
didn't find such configuration items, is there currently any configuration
to limit the flowfile repository's size? thanks.

Regards,
Ben

Re: Is there a configuration to limit the size of nifi's flowfile repository

Posted by 尹文才 <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys, I checked my CentOS 7's soft and hard file handle limit, they're
1024 and 4096, so my case belongs to the third scenario that Mark had
mentioned above.
Pierre, we use NIFI as ETL tool to extract data from sql server for data
analysis and according to my knowledge the total flowfiles' count inside
the flow could be around 200 to 300 which
could take 9 to 10 simple string attributes.

Regards,
Ben

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Ben,

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Brandon - agree this shouldn't be dismissed, just saying that's, as you
said, a tough one.
Ben - out of curiosity, how many flow files can you have in the system at
one point? Do you have flow files with a lot of attributes? large
attributes (with a lot of content)?

Pierre

Posted by 尹文才 <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brandon DeVries <br...@jhu.edu>.