Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2010/11/19 11:22:17 UTC

[DISCUSS] CODI window-handler renders a page

Hi folks!

I have a delicate question for you :)

I wrote a new windowhandler logic [1] which uses a servlet to serve small static javascript page to detect new windows (and drop the windowId from the url in that case).

I got told that extensions must not render page parts, because this is matter of a component library. In our case this would just not be possible in a component library because it is a) not a window component but a complete site on it's own and b) interacts with the window manager logic in CODI to create the proper URLs (containing the windowId and redirecting to the windowhandler servlet).

WDYT? Do we need to drop this from CODI and move it to somewhere else? Or is this not a 'rendering' in the restricted sense?

LieGrue,
strub

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/EXTCDI/jsf-windowhandler.html

Re: [DISCUSS] CODI window-handler renders a page

Posted by Gerhard <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi,

basically i also agree.
as an alternative we could provide it as add-on.

@rendering:
it was an agreement about commons & extensions...

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Martin Marinschek <mm...@apache.org>.
Hi Mark,

> WDYT? Do we need to drop this from CODI and move it to somewhere else?

no. This should reside within CODI - it cannot be part of a certain
component library, as CODI doesn't know anything about component
libraries.

> Or is this not a 'rendering' in the restricted sense?

I don't see why a JSF extension framework cannot do rendering.

> LieGrue,
> strub

best regards,

Martin