Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Sayan Kole <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/06 22:49:29 UTC

location of log files for mapreduce job run through eclipse

Hi,
    I cannot find the log files for the wordcount job: job_local_0001 when
I run it through eclipse. I am getting the standard output on screen
showing me the progress of the maps/reduces, but when I check my log
directory inside the hadoop folder, I do not see any log files for this job
nor does the jobtracker log file have any information for this job.

Sayan Kole

Re: location of log files for mapreduce job run through eclipse

Posted by Sayan Kole <sa...@gmail.com>.
Ok. thanks. When I run the job from eclipse/command line, only certain
Log.info gets displayed on the console from certain files but not from
JobTracker. How do I display Log.info messages in JobTracker.java onto the
console like it does say for example Task.java shown below

13/03/07 12:31:17 INFO mapred.Task: Task 'attempt_local_0001_m_000000_0'
done.
13/03/07 12:31:17 INFO mapred.Task:  Using ResourceCalculatorPlugin :
org.apache.hadoop.util.LinuxResourceCalculatorPlugin@bdccedd

Thanks,
Sayan

Posted by Sayan Kole <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sayan Kole <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sayan Kole <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abdelrhman Shettia <as...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Sayan ,

Posted by Abdelrhman Shettia <as...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Sayan ,

Posted by Abdelrhman Shettia <as...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Sayan ,

Posted by Abdelrhman Shettia <as...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Sayan ,

Posted by Sayan Kole <sa...@gmail.com>.
When I run hadoop jobs through command line, then the log file of the

--
Sayan Kole,
Graduate Student,

Re: location of log files for mapreduce job run through eclipse

Posted by Sayan Kole <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sayan Kole <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sayan Kole <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: location of log files for mapreduce job run through eclipse

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: location of log files for mapreduce job run through eclipse

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: location of log files for mapreduce job run through eclipse

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J