Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "Johnson, Jonathan" <jj...@454.com> on 2006/07/31 18:54:25 UTC

Multiple modules with gobal developers list and sub-module notifiers list

I have not been able to get continuum to send emails when the build
fails.

On this page

http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2006/05/30/continuous-integration-with
-continuum.html

it indicates that one can put in a developers id (and not their email
address) in the address element for the continuum address but I suspect
this does not work with developers defined in the parent pom.xml and a
ciManagement section defined in the sub-modules.

Can someone confirm this?

I have a parent/top-level pom.xml with a section like this...

<developers>
        <developer>
            <id>jjohnson</id>
            <name>Jonathan Johnson</name>
            <email>jjohnson@454.com</email>
            <organization>454 Life Sciences</organization>
            <organizationUrl>http://www.454.com</organizationUrl>
            <roles>
                <role>Developer</role>
                <role>Administrator</role>
            </roles>
            <timezone>-5</timezone>
        </developer>
</developers>

In my maven 2 sub modules I have ciManagement sections like this.

    <ciManagement>
        <system>Continuum</system>
        <url>http://mymachine:8080/continuum</url>
        <notifiers>
            <notifier>
                <type>mail</type>
                <configuration>
                    <address>jjohnson</address>
                </configuration>
                <sendOnError>true</sendOnError>
                <sendOnFailure>true</sendOnFailure>
                <sendOnSuccess>false</sendOnSuccess>
                <sendOnWarning>true</sendOnWarning>
            </notifier>
        </notifiers>
    </ciManagement>

Thanks

- Jonathan

LEGAL NOTICE:
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.