Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Maty Grosz <Ma...@expand.com> on 2008/02/12 07:30:06 UTC

Tomcat 6.0.14 - getting Http error403 page right after login

Hi,

I have been trying to setup Tomcat 6.0.14.

Unfortunately, I always get Http error403 page right after login.

The login process is implemented using JAASRealm (configured in
server.xml, see attached file).

When I right-click on the screen I get (the one that display me the 403
error), I see that it fails to get the file LoginProxy.jsp, which is the
one that the user is suppose to be re-directed automatically from the
login process.

I have notice that there is a known issue,

http://www.nabble.com/-jira--Created:-(JS2-828)-HTTP-403-immediately-aft
er-login-in-Tomcat-5.5.25.-td14232923.html

that sounds the same as mine issue, but I am not sure that this is my
problem, because I tried to do what they say there to do as a
work-around.

Attached please find the  ${Catalina.home}\conf \server.xml, Tomcat
${Catalina.home}\conf \web.xml and my webapp web.xml (renamed to
webapp_web.xml).

In my setup, I added a context file:
${Catalina.home}\conf\Catalina\localhost\ExpandView.xml - its contenet
is:

<Context docBase="${catalina.home}/webapps/ExpandView"
reloadable="false" privileged="true">

            <Resource name="jdbc/MySqlDS"

                                      auth="Container"

                                      type="javax.sql.DataSource"

                  maxActive="500"

                  maxIdle="30"

                  maxWait="1000000"

              username="root"

              password=""

              driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"

url="jdbc:mysql://172.18.206.110:3306/matyg?autoReconnect=true"/>

    <!-- Default set of monitored resources -->

    <!-- Uncomment this to disable session persistence across Tomcat
restarts -->

    <!--

    <Manager pathname="" />

    -->

    <!-- Uncomment this to enable Comet connection tacking (provides
events

         on session expiration as well as webapp lifecycle) -->

    <!--

    <Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.valves.CometConnectionManagerValve" />

    -->

</Context>

Thanks,

Maty.

Best Regards,

Maty Grosz

Software Engineer - ExpandView Team

Welcome to the Borderless Enterprise(tm): 'Enable the Network, Power the
User'

Expand Networks

6 Hanechoshet Street

Tel Aviv, Israel 69710

V:         +972.3.766.8089

F:         +972.3.766.8001

E:         matyg@expand.com <ma...@expand.com>

W:       http:/// <http://> www.expand.com <http://www.expand.com/>

Gartner Report:

Positioned in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant
<http://www.expand.com/newsletters/newCollateral-registration.aspx?promo
tion=gartner>

Learn More About Expand Networks' WAN Optimization @ YouTube:

How Congestion and Latency effect your WAN
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud6VCHUOs8I>

Protocols: Changing the Rules of the Game
<http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=expand+networks>  - NEW**