Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by David Graham <dg...@hotmail.com> on 2003/02/26 16:16:08 UTC

[resources] Messages.getMessages() change

The getMessages factory method is currently defined as:
public static Messages getMessages(String package)

which concatenates package.LocalStrings to find the a default messages
properties file called LocalStrings.

I suggest changing the behavior to take the full package name + properties
file name in the String argument.  Instead of calling
Messages.getMessages("org.apache.commons") we would call
Messages.getMessages("org.apache.commons.LocalStrings").  The LocalStrings
name seems to be a Struts convention and I don't believe a generic component
like resources should be assuming anything about how you name your
properties files.

Thoughts?

David