Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Amita Vadhavkar <am...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/06 15:00:56 UTC

Re: How to do if I need the DAS and SDO to support reading and writing the BLOB or CLOB field

Clob can be mapped to SDO Type Object. (can not be mapped to Bytes , due to
incompatible type casting)

Array is not well supported in Derby -
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/JDBCSupport.
In Oracle - there is Record definition and Table of Records can be IN/OUT
for StoredProcs, which is the way to represent ARRAY.
http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=11805

In order to preserve the contents of ARRAY, it can also be mapped to SDO
Type Object.

Providing test cases for Blob and Clob in JIRA-1463.

Suggestions?

Regards,
Amita