Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Godwin Ko <go...@hotmail.com> on 2002/04/12 22:05:20 UTC

Patch for build.xml to run torque tutorial

I'm not sure whether this issue has been discussed and solved already but I do have problem following the torque tutorial successfully.  As the tutorial stated, I'm using mysql db and use the default idbroker + id-table to generate primary key.  I need to patch the build.xml in the torque home directory in order to complete step 3 in the tutorial.

1. remove targetPlatform, databaseUser, databasePassword & databaseHost from the task torque-create-db as they are not defined.

2. Add id-table-schema.xml from the fileset definition of torque-sql task for project-sql target in order to prevent the id-table create twice and also, prevent two sets of conflicting insert statement generated.

After successful compilation, you must setup the bookstore database setting explicitly in the
torque.properties.  It is because the generated peer class will get a db connection with a specific database name rather than using the default setting.

It may not be the correct way of fixing the problem but it works for me anyway.

Godwin

Re: Patch for build.xml to run torque tutorial

Posted by Pete Kazmier <pe...@kazmier.com>.
On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 04:05:20AM +0800, Godwin Ko wrote:
> I'm not sure whether this issue has been discussed and solved already
> but I do have problem following the torque tutorial successfully.  As
> the tutorial stated

The tutorial was patched just the other day to address some issues with
the currently released beta (as pointed out by another user).  You can
find the latest tutorial up on the web site.

Thanks,
Pete