Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk> on 2001/10/22 12:20:57 UTC

notify/forward/verp etc etc

Morning,
Been James'ing at the weekend and I'm now testing a mailet which meets all
of the requirements Serge suggested on the user list for forward/notify etc.

It is also designed to be extendable so that derivative classes need only
override one of several getter methods which return the configuration
parameters,

For instance to add VERP to outgoing mail a new class would only need to
override getReplyTo()(if I understood VERP correctly),
and a simple list server would only need to override getRecipients().

It supports a small set of mail address constants (postmaster, sender etc)
and out of the box accepts the following parameters from config:

sender
recipients
replyto
message (Message body, can be empty)
inlinetype (what, from the original message, is appended to the new message
body, one from a list of constants, head, body etc)
attachementtype (what is the attachement, and how is it attached, one from a
list of constants)
passThrough (kill the original message? or let it carry on)
prefix (subject prefix)
static (true calls getters during config, false calls getters every time for
dynamic parameters)

d.